Local SEO Tips For Plumbers & Tradesmen
Plumbers and other tradespeople face one huge barrier to entering new digital markets: Peeling away customers from the competition.
Local SEO for tradesmen is similar to traditional SEO, but with a geographic component.
SEO for plumbers, for example, is more powerful when localized because there’s less competition, which makes it easier for you to rank on page one of Google, Bing, and other search engine results pages.
In this guide, you’ll find practical strategies that’ll definitely improve visibility for plumbers, electricians, contractors, and other tradespeople and businesses.
These tips alone, will expand your digital brand by far.
Google Business Profile (Free)
If you want to appear in the search results on Google as a local business, it is necessary to get a GB Profile. GBP is Google’s local business directory, and registration is free. Your Google Business Profile shows in local search pack results and is displayed in Google Maps searches.
As a result, optimizing your Google Business Profile listing enables customers to call your business, drive to its location, or visit its website with just one click.
Local Rankings (local snack pack, local 3-pack, map pack, local search results)
The area inside the search results that appears for local searches is triggered by search phrases like “business near me.” The Google’ local pack’ (also known as the ‘three-pack’) will appear on the search results page with local results. This happens when a user conducts a Google search with a local intent. For example, if someone searches “plumber near me,” “plumbing,” or “local plumbing company,” a small number of local businesses are going to be displayed in the search results.
How to Setup Your Google Business Profile
1. Go to Google Business Profile
2. Click the “manage Now” button
3. Search for your business. If it doesn’t show up, add your business.
4. Make sure you sign up with your real business details
5. A postcard to verify your business will be sent to you
6. Verify your business by following the instructions in the postcard
How to Optimize Your Google Business Profile
1. Ensure Consistent NAP Information (Name – Address – Phone Number)
2. Make Sure To Fill The “Labels” Section With Related Keywords
3. Occupy all the 750 Charachters of The “Business Info” Section With Relevant Keywords Where Possible
4. Fill The “Service” Section With All Relevant Services Provided
5. The “Website” Section Is A Great Avenue For Extra Content And Keywords
6. Or Get In Touch With Us and We’ll Do it For You. Check Our Exclusive Packages Below